Ultrasound can be frightening for a child. Unfamiliar rooms, big machines and strange noises. At Specialist imaging partners we understand the special needs of children and attempt to make the experience as comfortable and stress free as possible for the child and parents.
With equipment specifically suited to paediatric and neonatal imaging and a team trained by recognised paediatric ultrasound professionals we can provide all varieties of paediatric ultrasound including:
- Renal and Abdominal ultrasound
- Detailed paediatric abdominal scans for bowel wall thickening. Useful in assisting diagnosis for inflammation such as Colitis, Crohn’s disease or inflammatory bowel disease.
- Ultrasound of the Appendix; offering increased specificity and sensitivity in detecting the normal appendix versus appendicitis
- Cranial Ultrasound
- Orthopaedic Ultrasound, including hips for congenital dyplasia
- All other ultrasound, including vascular, small parts, neck, foreign bodies and eyes.