At Specialist Imaging Partners our primary concern is the health and safety of our patients and our team. In light of recent news on the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are writing to update you with specific actions we are taking to minimise the chance of infection. We are asking for your assistance by following the instructions below:
- Do not attend your appointment if you or a close contact have any cold/viral/flu symptoms, have travelled overseas within the last 14 days, or have had contact with known COVID-19 cases. Please phone us to reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that you please attend your ultrasound appointment alone. Please do not bring children with you to your appointment. If there are more than 2 people at the appointment, the extra people will be asked to remain outside. This does include all obstetric patients. We understand this may present some disappointment but trust you understand that the safety of all of our patients and staff is paramount.
- If the appointment is for a child (under 18yrs), we ask that only one parent/support person accompanies that child.
- You may be asked to wait outside or in your car prior to your appointment. We will be doing our utmost to keep all appointments on time. If delays are unavoidable, we will endeavour to contact you by phone or text.
- Please sanitise your hands upon arrival at our clinic. Hand sanitiser is available at our front door and at the reception desk.
- We encourage you to bring your own water bottle. We have temporarily removed water dispensers, toys and magazines from our waiting rooms.
- We will not be accepting cash payments at this stage.
Whilst our infection control procedures have always followed a strict policy, in particular disinfection of the ultrasound transducers and machines between patients, you will notice a series of extra initiatives that we have implemented to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 to you and others. This includes;
- Increased frequency of cleaning high risk surfaces, such as door handles, EFTPOS machine, soap dispensers and keyboards.
- Our waiting area has been modified to comply with the most recent social distancing rules.
- Our clinical team is on a rotational roster who will be practising social distancing whilst not rostered to work to ensure all essential scans for patients can be accommodated.
- Non-essential face to face staff meetings, conferences and work related travel have been cancelled.
- Admin staff will be allowed to work from home where possible.
- As per guidelines provided by SA Health, all sonographers will be wearing face masks as an extra precaution for your safety.
We trust you understand why these measures are necessary to maintain a safe environment for patients and staff and thank you in advance for your assistance during this time.
With recommendations rapidly changing, we will be reviewing the situation closely and will keep this post updated.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our rooms on 8361 6836.
Best wishes and Stay well.